cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 5.16.09 PM.png

Jennifer Fisher

Co-Founder, Paq Logistics

Denver, CO 

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

Co-founder of an early stage start-up. I guess my role should be CEO (Chief Everything Officer) since we do not have a complete team yet.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

The best part of the job is knowing that you are working on something that is going to have a positive impact on sustainability long term. I love solving problems, and I get to come to work every day and do that.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges, especially during these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

Motivation comes when you truly love what you are doing. That's how I know if it's time for me to move on from a role...when it's hard to motivate yourself then your mind is telling you that it needs something new to stimulate it.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

"Don't be afraid to fail, if you are failing then you are learning". This came from Harvey Bierman who has been an incredible mentor and advocate for me throughout the last 10 years.

What does generosity mean to you?

Generosity is ANYTHING that you can give....advice, money, help with a project..but the best thing you can be generous with is your time. When you give someone your time, that is more valuable than anything else.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

I think it is very important for businesses to listen to their consumer and employees when it comes to solving some of the biggest challenges. The most innovative solutions come from people on the front lines, so who better to consult than those individuals.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Curious

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be?

"I stand in awe" by Chris Tomlin & Nicole Serrano

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am looking forward to launching Paq and starting the journey that will transform how eCommerce operates in the future. And as far as experiences, I am ready to TRAVEL...just trying to nail down where my first adventure will take place.