cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Janelle-Crockett-Zylo

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Janelle Crockett, Data Analyst at Zylo.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

My primary responsibility is to identify and provide actionable insights on customer data. Utilizing my skills with SQL database structures and python coding, I ensure that the data is not only accurate, but provides high levels of utility for clients.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Take risks, pursue work that I am passionate about and push myself beyond what I think I am capable of. Through that, I can find out what I can truly do.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

Yes. To me, mentorship is about finding some connection with, and receiving guidance from, a more experienced person in the field that you hope to move towards.

True mentorship involves some level of regularity. The best mentors have a buy in with the mentee. They are as invested in helping them grow as the mentee is in growing.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Don’t be afraid to take risks. Remember that whenever you come up short, use that as a learning opportunity. Life has no shortage of growth opportunities and it is up to you to pursue them.

What’s something coming up that excites you?

My background and experience is with philanthropy and I am increasingly fascinated by how for-profit companies like Zylo set time and funds aside to give back to the community.

Twice a year we hold Zylo on the Streets. Zylo on the Streets is where the full team takes the afternoon to volunteer at a variety of nonprofit organizations. It’s always a joy to see everyone so invested in the community. Seeing these afternoon sessions grow with each iteration is really special and touching.

Originally posted: March 13, 2020