Jaime-Brown-Appluent-with-logo

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Jaime Brown, Client Success Manager at Appluent.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

As the Client Success Manager, I oversee operations and ensure we are delivering quality and successful projects for our clients.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

The extra homework to learn the necessary skills. To grow, I needed to work to expand my knowledge.

I took the time to work on my weaknesses and improve. Once I was able to be confident myself, I could help my team grow and get to where they wanted to be.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

As a woman in the tech industry, you sometimes need to prove your abilities before others will trust you can get the job done. Unfortunately, many people don’t just take your word for it.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Speak up and set goals for yourself. The tech industry is very large and there is plenty of room for growth. You will not excel by sitting in a room and not providing value. If you participate and show your value, you will be appreciated, recognized and ultimately end up where you belong.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

My mom has always been a great influence in my life. She is hard working and always pushes herself to do better. She was a great example as a child, and now as an adult. She helps me strive to do my best and always look to where I can improve, whether it is personal growth or career growth.

What is something coming up that excites you?

My family vacation to Disney. I love going to Disney and experiencing it with my nieces. Seeing their excitement makes the experience even more fun.