cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaclyn-Mazzarella_with-logo

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Jaclyn Mazzarella, VP of Marketing at Addteq.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I am responsible for all marketing and inbound sales efforts for Addteq. Although my favorite areas of expertise are event and digital marketing, I am also a content whiz.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Leaving my state agency job that I originally thought would blast off my career.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Constantly feeling like I need to prove my worth. Sometimes, seeming like you know enough about a topic isn’t enough to prove you are “the right one for the job”.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Keep learning. The knowledge you will need to know to expand your career did not end from graduating college.

Be open minded, accept criticism and be aware of opportunities around you.

What woman inspires you the most? Why?

Michelle Obama. The way she made a person of herself, even while being The First Lady of the United States, is inspiring. Especially, how she decided to take the resources she had available to her and use them to give back to the community in so many different ways.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

The Myth of the Nice Girl. It is an amazing book that should be read by ALL young female professionals.

What’s something coming up that excites you?

Women’s History Month! And the summer months (I miss the beach).

Originally posted: March 6, 2020