Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

30.png

Ikram Najid

Founder, IN BEAUTY 

📍Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

If I could describe myself in one word, it would be "generosity." This word reflects my compassionate, relatable, and understanding nature, creating a comforting space for everyone who walks through our doors at IN Beauty. For instance, each a time a client is going through a tough period, I offer them not just beauty services, but also a listening ear and words of encouragement, embodying the spirit of generosity in my approach to their well-being.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes, it's crucial for today's corporate leaders to prioritize social impact. In a world facing numerous challenges, from environmental issues to social inequality, businesses wield significant influence and resources. By prioritizing social impact, corporate leaders can contribute positively to communities, address pressing issues, and help create a more equitable and sustainable future. Embracing social responsibility not only benefits society but also enhances corporate reputation, employee engagement, and long-term business success.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes, at IN Beauty, we are committed to giving back to the community. One of our initiatives involves partnering with schools like YouthBuild Charter to offer internship opportunities for students. By housing these students as interns, we provide mentorship and guidance while they earn high school credits. This program not only supports the students in their educational journey but also helps shape our future by empowering and guiding the next generation.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

The best piece of advice I've ever received is to treat each day as a new beginning and to prioritize understanding my emotions. This guidance has encouraged me to establish a daily routine, structure, and sanctuary, setting the foundation for personal growth and success.

"The best piece of advice I've ever received is to treat each day as a new beginning and to prioritize understanding my emotions."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

To make today's workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women, we can implement initiatives such as offering free workshops and certifications specifically tailored to women-owned businesses. By providing accessible resources without financial barriers, we empower women entrepreneurs to thrive professionally.

Additionally, fostering mentorship programs, promoting diversity in leadership roles, and actively addressing gender biases can further cultivate an environment of inclusion and support for women in the workplace.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

For women just starting their careers, my advice is to set clear intentions and goals, create a supportive environment, and embrace self-discovery. Go confidently towards your aspirations, understanding and appreciating your support system along the way.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

This year, I'm excited about expanding our team and fostering a more diverse and inclusive environment by adding more female members. I look forward to creating a bustling workspace where I can balance working on the business strategically while still remaining hands-on in day-to-day operations.

salon1 1 - ikram najid.jpeg