Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 4.19.36 PM.png

This story was submitted by Compass Furnished Apartments

Our pledge of 1% of product and profit, allowed us to donate over 175 room nights (and counting) this year to patients and families traveling for medical purposes through our Compass Cares Program. Compass Cares is our philanthropic program and is woven into everything we do. It is truly part of the fabric of who we are. Through this program, we’re committed to improving company culture, focusing on sustainability, and supporting our community. 

At the heart of Compass Cares are the patients and families traveling for medical purposes. Our private and convenient living spaces provide them the comforts of home so they can focus on healing.

2022Impact - Brianna Correia.png

From creating relationships with our like-minded partners to our pledge, our Compass Cares program allows us to go the extra mile and provide support for those in need. Other things our Compass Cares program allows us to do:

• On each employee's anniversary, we donate $100 to a nonprofit of their choice

• We’ve supported causes like Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Judes, Best Friends Animal Society, The Breast Cancer Alliance, & more!

• On each employee's birthday, we plant a tree in their name 

• To date, we’ve planted over 20 trees from this new initiative!

• Each Earth Day, we donate $500 to support sustainability in our local communities & so much more!

The Apartment Program

Research shows that hospitalized patients, especially children, heal faster and cope better when family members are nearby. Our award-winning philanthropic program, Compass Cares, provides comfortable, fully furnished, and equipped accommodations conveniently located near hospitals and medical centers so patients and families can focus on healing. 

“As our Compass Cares program solidified and grew, we knew we had to do more. We were committed to getting the word out. We had available apartments and there were people in need. Who better than us to help? - Chris Fleming, CEO

30DaltonParticipatingPartner - Brianna Correia.png

• Come Home With Confidence

• We know that housing is just one small aspect of a treatment plan. Our crew's hope is that staying in a Compass Cares apartment will alleviate some of the stress patients and families face during such a difficult time. Compass Cares guests receive extra benefits like gifts, discounts, and extra support.

• “ You can only be in the battle for so long without destroying yourself and then you are no longer helpful. Compass gave me the ability to rest and be ready to go in and help my son again. ” - The Capalbo Family

• “The apartment was like a cocoon where we were just coping and healing. The extra space and sofa bed allowed for my husband and daughter, who we missed so much, to visit on the weekends. We were cozy, warm, and safe there. ” - The MacLaury Family

• Comforts Of Home 

• Upon arrival is a complimentary box of pasta and sauce to get the family started. They’ll also find in-unit laundry, fully equipped kitchens, and spacious living areas to ensure comfort and a homey feeling, no matter their schedule or length of stay.

• “Our apartment was our home away from home from day one. It had a well-equipped kitchen, which was important since I had to home-cook all of my food due to stringent dietary restrictions after transplant.” - The Elwell Family

• 24/7 Guest Services

• Our compassionate and responsive team ensures that travel accommodations are specifically personalized for every family, their lifestyle, and their needs. If they need an extra item, housekeeping services, or grocery packages, our team is available to them 24/7.

• “When we got to our apartment, we found a bowl of Cosmic Crisp apples waiting for us, which was a very nice touch. Within a short time we got a call from the Compass guest services person. She made it very clear that she was here to help us in any way we needed. And then she did just that. She found us a fan to use, and had medical faxes sent to our local providers to name a few things. From both folks we dealt with directly, the service was beyond expectations.” - The Campbell Family

• Prime Locations

• We have hundreds of our own luxury apartments in prime locations located near hospitals. Many of our apartments are within walking distance from hospitals, grocery stores, pharmacies, and restaurants to make their stay convenient. 

• “Although facing a difficult situation, Compass helped make things easier for us. The locations were excellent. During our stay at The Harlo, we made at least 2-3 trips to the hospital each day and we didn’t have to worry about the commute at all. The stores and restaurants were close by which saved us time with everything. When we stayed at The Bennington, it was nice to be close to the beach/airport so the girls can enjoy the outdoors. We are forever grateful for the help and support we’ve received from Compass!” - The Lee Family

• Flexible Leases

• We know that as their treatment plans change, so does their stay. That's why we give extra flexibility on move-in/move-out dates.

• Partnership Donations & Gifts

• We purposefully choose like-minded supplies for our complimentary welcome gifts to further improve our environmental impact and support causes we’re passionate about. 

• Our Compass Cares partnerships provide thoughtful donations to patients and families such as snacks, toys, and discounts at local restaurants/shops.

• Extending Our Give

• Hospitality Homes is a nonprofit organization in Boston that provides short-term housing in volunteer host homes for patients receiving medical care. At times, their guests are unable to share housing with host families. Compass Cares has flourished and continues to serve as a unique resource providing private accommodations so Hospitality Homes never have to turn a patient or family away.

• “Without Compass Furnished Apartments partnership with Hospitality Homes, I would have spent hours researching neighborhoods, contacting hotels, and comparing apartments and prices. Instead, they managed all this for me, allowing me to focus on my son and his care, which was priceless!” -The Parsons Family. 

ParsonsFamily - Brianna Correia.png