cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation.  While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 5.34.05 PM.png

Frinny Lee

CEO, A.V. Mapping Co., LTD

San Francisco, California, United States | Taipei, Taiwan

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

CEO, Business Development, Product Management, Leader of a company. Almost everything that business needed.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

Equality is a fundamental human value that ensures every individual is treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their differences such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and so on.

As a female founder, I believe in creating a workplace that is equal and inclusive. It means creating an environment where everyone has equal opportunities to succeed, grow, and contribute to the company's success. At A.V. Mapping, I have taken steps to establish a culture of respect and equality for all employees. I also encourage open communication and have implemented policies that promote work-life balance and flexibility. Opportunities for professional growth and advancement are provided to all employees, regardless of gender or other personal characteristics.

Building a more equitable and inclusive society involves taking a multi-faceted approach that encompasses business building, government policy, education, and more. Promoting equality and inclusiveness requires a concerted effort from all sectors of society. By working together, we can create a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential and live fulfilling lives, free from discrimination and prejudice.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

First of all, my family, they are all business men/women. Every time when I am struggling with some problems, it turns not a real problem for them. At the same time, we are keep growing and meeting more people. Luckily, we can always grab the chance to learn more from others, new friends to explore the bigger world and opportunities.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

Thank you for not giving up.

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

To believe those who believe in, is me. The talks I have with many successful or warm friends. They are so inspiring and believing in me that the things I said are reliable, and they know I can do it. So if they can make it, I can make it someday!

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

The impact that businesses have on society extends far beyond their financial performance. Companies can be powerful forces for good, using their resources and influence to make positive change in their communities and the world. By prioritizing social impact, companies can not only create a better world, but they can also strengthen their brand and build long-term relationships with their stakeholders, including customers, employees, and investors.

For example, A.V. Mapping is making the equality for the creations. Not because of the fame or reputation from the musicians but the music and creations themselves which should be measured into more revenue. So that, good creations lasting, and accelerating the creative process into society, to bring on more positive social impact. By focusing on social impact, companies can drive positive change in the world and build a better future for all.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Sunflower.

I am a curious person with reliability and versatility. Live in dynamic to have more inspiration not only for my music, my products but my photograph and life. Just like sunflower always welcoming the opportunities, and following the sun.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

1. Make a list of tasks you need to do each day and prioritize them.
2. Eat diversity food, drink boba or coffee, then kill the to do list.
3. Listen to inspiring or spiritual podcast to keep positive mindset and feel accompany.
4. Follow knowledgeable content on social media platform.
5. Change the setup, change the location, listen to music, take a shower, go for a walk or go to gym to bring in new ideas.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

1. A.V. Mapping – To find the perfect match music for your video/photos/Advertisement.
2. Trello – A task-management tool to take notes about any pieces of inspiration, assign the tasks anytime without disturbing colleague, and help me stay organized in a view.
3. Google Calendar – My best assistant, EVER.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

My company, A.V. Mapping is going to hold a FAIM Concert this year. It's an innovative and exciting competition that will pit AI-led musicians against each other to make music for advertisement and the film. The creators in the visual side also included those in metaverse, A/VR companies, film industries, advertisement production house and—AI. A.V. Mapping’s AI can recommend the music from thousands of musicians to find the perfect matched music for each video and creations. It comes to: “AI-leads-musicians team, AI team and musicians team”. Musicians with millions of followers are going to compete or cooperate with AI. In this ambitious relationship between technology and human, we can have more experimental and innovative creative things coming up.

This is also my fourth year in A.V. Mapping. The most important goal is making break-even. Then build a optimally-sized team to make myself healthier which I can have more gym-time and me-time.