cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.50.18 PM.png

Filipa Bellette

Co-Founder, Chris & Filly Functional Medicine

Don, Tasmania, Australia

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I'm a Clinical Nutritionist, Functional Medicine Practitioner & PhD Scholar. Founder of award-winning holistic health practice, Chris & Filly Functional Medicine

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

My clients! I absolutely love seeing the changes people experience - health-wise, in parenthood, in their careers and in life - when working with us. Getting random emails or texts that say - "My energy is back!" or "I feel so calm and focussed now" or "I'm a happier mummy" - is just the absolute best. I do also love being a thought-leader in my industry, advocating for prevention and overcoming of body burnout in high-achieving mums, and inspiring mums to love themselves enough to heal their body.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

The pandemic has been tough for many people. We actually pivoted our business right at the start of the pandemic, during lockdown. We pivoted because we knew our clients needed more help, more support, more guidance, and more accountability, especially during this time of high-stress and an ever-changing world. I'm passionate about creating the absolute best solution to help our clients end their body burnout. My team is constantly pushing the boundaries, chaining up our services and product ecosystem, to create the best path for healing, that is effective, simple, fast, and not overwhelming.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

You cannot pour from an empty cup 🙂

What does generosity mean to you? 

Generosity can come in so many forms. An unexpected smile or a hug is generosity. Going the extra mile to help others is generosity. Pouring all your expertise and passion for the purpose of providing your clients complete and remarkable results in generosity. Offering free advice and inspiring others is generosity. And pledging 1%(+) of our sales is generosity.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

For our company, we solve today's biggest challenges in a two-fold way. Firstly, is the impact we have with our clients. For example, healing one mother from body burnout, has a huge impact on her family, her children, her community, and generations to come. When a mum is free of exhaustion and anxiety and inflammation, she can show up as a better mother, a better career/business woman, and a more vibrant human being in society. With every woman that we help, we are creating a healthier, happier, and more meaningful world. And a more gender equitable world. We've recently been awarded in the Telstra Best of Business Awards in the category Advancing Women, for our work in helping progress women.

Secondly, we are a Business Doing What Matters. We have a partnership with child protection organisation Free To Shine where we give a portion of our fees, to help keep girls in Cambodia safe and in school, and out of sex brothels. Sex-trafficking is one of the world's most abhorent human rights issues, and we are actively working towards ending this issue.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Analytical, quirky & empathetic (sorry, couldn't pick one, lol!). Analytical, as I have a keen eye for detail and connecting all the pieces, when addressing health issues with clients, as well as creating and running a business. Quirky, because that's what people say! You're cut and quirky, haha! And empathetic, because I deeply care.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

2022 is so exciting! We are heading to the Telstra Best of Business Awards for the Nationals in April (we were announced State Winner a couple of weeks ago for Accelerating Women). I'm also in the process of writing a book - "Healthy, Happy Mum: How To End Body Burnout" (working title) - which I aim to have finished and published by the end of the year. My team are creating a new transformational course/program to further help our clients establish a healthy body and life. And I'm looking forward to more work-life balance, and spending quality time with my husband and two little girls.