cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 10.26.24 AM.png

Emily Reed

CEO & Co-Founder at HeyAdvisor

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

CEO & Co-Founder. My responsibilities include business strategy, building partnerships, finding opportunities to create brand awareness and connecting with potential users.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

The best part of my job is seeing how our product helps advisors in the industry and their younger clients. Whenever I see a piece of our content on an advisor's webpage or social media I feel such a sense of pride. I love that our content is out there simplifying and de-mystifying financial topics. I also get to work with my sister every day. We have a strong entrepreneurial mother, so it’s rewarding to keep the tradition going.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges, especially during these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

My family is what keeps me going every day. Being an example of a woman in power for my three children has been a big motivator. Everything I do is for them and their future.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

Life is too short to not love what you do so find something you love to do and make it your career.

What does generosity mean to you?

To me, generosity means always thinking of others and giving back whenever you can. It’s so important to give back in any way possible whether it's time, product or money.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

HeyAdvisor creates financial literacy content, and the ultimate goal is to help advisors get this information out to as many people as possible. Education around financial literacy is so important for the next generation of investors. It helps empower them to make good financial decisions and not be overwhelmed by all the products and services out there. As our business grows we are excited to be looking at more opportunities to leverage our content and get it into the hands of the young adults that need it.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Determined - I am someone who will explore every avenue and never give up.

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be?

Roar - Katy Perry

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am excited that we have started getting traction in the industry and I am looking forward to seeing how we will grow this year. We have some exciting partnerships coming up with some like-minded businesses that I am excited to work with.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

Starting my own business has been one of the most challenging but exciting times in my life. Having a community and support is so important. I encourage anyone who would like to reach out, to get in touch.