cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.08.44 PM.png

Donna Litt

COO, Uvaro

Waterloo, ON, Canada

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

Responsible for ensuring we have the systems and data practices in place to align, enable, and resource our team, so that we may deliver on our company goals.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

Working collaboratively to help team members work through new challenges.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

Mindset. I have 24 hrs in the day to do 6 things: Move my body, eat good food, move my business forward, move my personal life forward, be good to my people, get a good sleep.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

All you ever need to do is the next one thing.

What does generosity mean to you? 

The more you receive the more you have to give.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share? 

Businesses align and mobilize groups of people-- employees and customers, primarily. Businesses are also in a position to dedicate significant resources to solving the problems their employees and customers care about. By being customer-centric and value-creation driven, businesses learn what their customers and employees care about, and can dedicate resources accordingly.

Uvaro got to where it is today by listening to our customers. We started as a technology company selling efficiency software to sales teams. In a few short years we've become the only community dedicated to our customer's career success, from their first job to their last, and have helped hundreds of people gain confidence and find new success in the workplace.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why? 

Stubborn. 

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be? 

Marie Davidson, Work It

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Helping our team realize more of their potential.