cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diz

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Diz Petit, Head of Civic Labs.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I focus on continual integration of our core Civic Labs mission into our company DNA and the growth of our three pillars: Fostering Community Engagement, Promoting Food Security, and Advancing Diverse-Owned Businesses.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Staying true to what I am passionate about.

When I started at Postmates I became known as “the person who cared about stuff” just through my interactions with other people. When it came time to start a social impact team, it was a no brainer that we had the right folks to build it.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Equity.

When did your company join Pledge 1%? How long have you been working on your impact program?

2017! We started our program by building our program in conjunction with support from Pledge 1%. We wouldn’t be where we are today without it.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

The Lean Startup by Eric Ries.

Originally posted: March 3, 2020