Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

26.png

Disney "Diz" Petit

Co-Founder and CEO, LiquiDonate

📍San Francisco, CA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Tenacious. I asked my team for the answer to this question and this was voted the most. I think it's very kind of them to say it, and I'll own it. We keep trying and pushing change and innovation in this industry, and we have to keep going while trying to do the right thing.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

It is crucial for business leaders to prioritize social impact because today's and future consumers expect impact as table stakes for companies they are willing to do business with.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes! LiquiDonate has pledged 1% of our company time, product, and equity to nonprofits through Pledge 1%.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Be willing to do multiple things in your role (even if it's outside of the scope of your role) to see what you like that might surprise you.

"Be willing to do multiple things in your role (even if it's outside of the scope of your role) to see what you like that might surprise you."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Continue pushing on VC's and other investors to require more equitable funding of female-founded companies.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

When you start a new role, create a Google Doc where you keep a running list of all of the things that you accomplished so that when you get to your performance review or to update a resume, your accomplishments will be there with specific examples and numbers.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am looking forward to continuing to grow LiquiDonate over the course of the year.