cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

WWL 2022 - Headshots(12).png

Deepti Gupta

Chief of Staff, Goodera

Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I work closely with the CEO to drive key strategic initiatives across the firm.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

As a Pledge 1% member, Goodera has pledged 1% of employee time. Every Tuesday for us is a Volunteering Tuesday. I love these hands-on volunteering sessions which help me learn about the great work that a lot of nonprofits are doing across diverse cause areas. These experiences have made me a more empathetic and self-aware leader.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

At Goodera, we are on a mission to revolutionize volunteering through technology. Managing relationships with nonprofits driving efforts on-ground to advance various social causes is a core part of my job. Speaking with nonprofit leaders from across the globe and understanding the challenges that they and their beneficiaries are facing, has helped me put my problems in perspective. The bigger purpose of creating meaningful impact for communities in need, has kept me going.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

Life is too short to do a job that doesn’t bring you joy. 

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share? 

It’s simple, by enabling and empowering their employees to play a bigger role in solving these challenges. Be it generating ideas for a new product or volunteering during the times of crisis, the power of individuals cannot be underestimated.

We can look at the Ukraine migration crisis. The way the citizens and families from neighboring countries have opened their homes to welcome the war refugees, is a powerful example of how individuals can not only support but take the lead in solving some of the biggest, complex challenges

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Audacious – because I like to make big bold plans, incremental innovation doesn’t excite me

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be? 

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin.