Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

19.png

Deena White Tearney

Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Point

📍Honolulu, HI USA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Thankful. As a founder, I'll never forget the intense gratitude I felt the first times I went onsite to meet with clients. Back when I worked for Big 5 consulting firms, going onsite for client meetings seemed fairly unremarkable, but I personally learned the work it took to get to that point and was proud knowing clients saw the value and expertise of our services. I'm very thankful for our clients and team who choose to work with Pacific Point.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Pacific Point's corporate philanthropy is focused on inspiring and cultivating the next generation of business and technology leaders. This year we are thrilled to sponsor the Maui Economic Development Board's Annual STEM Conference bringing junior high and high school students from across Hawaii together to participate in workshops, presentations, and mentoring sessions. Our Hawaii-based team of Salesforce consultants are a consistent force, volunteering at the STEM Conference in student mentoring sessions.

This year we are also very excited to sponsor the initiation of the University of Hawaii at Manoa Salesforce Student Group and look forward to preparing students for technology jobs and supporting our clients in Hawaii with a stronger pipeline to local Salesforce talent.

Our Singapore team plans to continue volunteer support for the United Women Singapore's annual STEM Fest, exposing girls from age 13 to technology skills and careers. College students are the focus of our Denver team's support for various student programs at the University of Colorado Boulder including volunteering with the Salesforce Student Group in addition to sponsoring and volunteering at the annual CU Boulder low-code hack-a-thon.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

At the start of your career focus on learning and developing skills, ask to take on assignments and always do excellent work. This will build your own confidence and position you for more career growth.

"At the start of your career focus on learning and developing skills, ask to take on assignments and always do excellent work."

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I'm especially inspired by the modernization initiatives of our public sector clients and can't wait to help more agencies achieve their vision of improved public services and internal efficiency in 2024.