Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

9.png

Dayo McIntosh

Founder & CEO, Yateou, Inc

📍Sparks, USA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Resilient.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes, I think it's really important for corporate leaders today to focus on making a positive impact on society. Our world is complicated and marked by both chaos and injustice, so it's crucial for business leaders to actively work towards positive change. Programs like Pledge 1% provide a good structure for businesses to contribute to making society better. When corporate leaders prioritize social impact, they're not just doing it because it's the right thing, but they're also playing a big role in creating a future where the next generations can thrive. Making a commitment to positive action is a key part of moving towards a world that's fair and inclusive, where everyone is recognized for their value.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

As a socially conscious business, we contribute 10% of our profits to empower women, supporting initiatives both in the US and globally, particularly in underprivileged communities. Data shows that when women are supported, community success skyrockets. We aim to play a vital role in moving the world forward positively.

Additionally, we're committed to closing technological gaps in marginalized US communities. Personally, as a black woman, I understand the struggle of lacking resources and representation. It's hard to dream big when you can't see yourself in certain places. I partner with organizations like Girls on the Run, showcasing my robot. The interest level and response from the girls always resonates and brings everything full circle for me. Being able to inspire the next generation is surreal and energizing, I am determined to keep showing up so that little girls and boys who look like me can hold their heads a little higher.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

"What would you do if you weren't afraid"? Do it!

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

For women initiating their careers, I recommend seeking mentorship within your company, industry, or from someone following a career path aligned with your aspirations. 

"Developing connections with accomplished professionals in influential roles not only secures an advocate within your field but also affords valuable insights, aiding in a more strategic navigation of your career journey."

Additionally, consider embracing opportunities that may be overlooked by others, as this approach can distinguish you and contribute to your professional growth.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am very excited about this year as it signifies the culmination of extensive efforts spanning five years. The highlight is the upcoming launch of our first-ever experiential robotic kiosk, set to debut in Vegas. With our unique patented robotic application, we aspire to create a network of interconnected kiosks in bustling places like airports and malls.

311786822_10108253965055036_211647280304319702_n - y a t e o u.jpeg

These kiosks go beyond being operational hubs for manufacturing; they are integral to our marketing and sales strategy. Picture this: you're in a mall, and a robot is crafting personalized skincare products, on demand! The kiosks serve as a gateway to attract and engage people, aiming to convert them into long-term customers. This launch signifies the full realization of Yateou, a groundbreaking fusion of beauty, artificial intelligence, and robotics.