cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 9.52.06 PM.png

Danielle Ozolins

Chief Marketing Officer, Cloudwerx

Sydney, Australia

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

As CMO, my role is to lead the development and implementation of the company's marketing and brand strategy. This involves working closely with the sales and delivery teams to ensure that our marketing strategy efforts effectively communicate the value of our services and drive demand among our target customers.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

For me, "Embrace Equity" means creating a level playing field for all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or any other defining characteristics. It means acknowledging and addressing the systemic barriers that prevent women and marginalised groups from reaching their full potential. We need to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and actively acknowledge and work to eliminate unconscious biases that limit opportunities for women.

We can only build inclusive workplaces if we find ways to hold leaders accountable for creating and maintaining a positive, equitable and inclusive workplace culture and implement the right initiatives and policies to drive this - it takes a concerted effort. This can include things like; flexible work arrangements, training/education and in practices such as hiring, career development and leadership positions.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

I was fortunate to have an outstanding woman leader early in my career. She taught me from the get-go to always speak up for what I believe in, how to get a seat at the table and ultimately, what it means to be a great marketer. I also joined formal mentoring programs, like 'Women in Marketing'. This guidance and support have significantly impacted my career development and set me up early for success. My mentors have changed as my career has evolved, but I always self-reflect on what skills I need to develop and then seek out the right mentor or role model to support this growth.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

Always make time to mentor and support other woman. Pay it forward by sharing your experiences and supporting other female leaders and marketers in both their personal and professional growth. Girl Power!

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

As a marketer, I thrive with a little bit of chaos and change (but maybe not this much) I chose to take the lessons learnt - the need to be strategic yet remain agile. I used the period as a testing ground to challenge the status - quo and get innovative with my strategy and campaigns. I am generally a positive person, so looking forward with the 'and this too will pass' attitude definitely helped. And like a lot of us, the move from the office to work from home helped me remove 'mother guilt' and be more present for my kids. Huge win.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

Cloudwerx is extremely passionate about Pledge 1% and our social conscious. I believe companies have a responsibility to contribute to the well-being of the community they operate in and create a positive change. I have many examples of volunteer days at Two Good Co from our team, along with other initiates such as clean up Australia day and StepTember. Personally, I was not aware of Two Good Co. prior to joining Cloudwerx and after hearing the woman's stories and the amazing difference they are making, I am extremely passionate about this organisation.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Energetic. It think it encompasses what makes me, me. Fun, innovative, driven, passionate and hardworking.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

Not really, but I continually tell myself 'don't sweat the small stuff"

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

Not really. Although I have started using the Apple Fitness app, to make me get up and move around during the day.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Prioritise myself - 2023 - it's all about me. I am going to make time to seek out more opportunities for professional growth, which I didn't really do last year. I will take some courses and get skilled-up in different areas. Marketing is an ever-changing, evolving beast, so there are always new things to learn. On a personal note - get back out in the world. I am still a bit of a homebody as a result of Covid. It's time to get back out there and organise fun with my girlfriends.