cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 #WomenWhoLead covers (Instagram Post) (2).png

Courtney Vigil

Senior Director of Global Revenue Enablement, Dayforce
📍Raleigh, NC

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
Effervescent - I bring an enthusiasm and zest for life and it’s contagious.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
It is very important for companies to prioritize social impact. I’m proud to say Dayforce, my company, does this through an unlimited time away from work policy as well as volunteer days.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?
I served on the advisory board for Women in Sales. I’m a mentor to many women who wish to lead. I’m also an advocate for working mothers on LinkedIn with over 9K people who support my mission.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
The pursuit for work life balance is unattainable and will leave you feeling like a failure. Instead aim for harmony with your work and family life.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
This has a special meaning this year for me as I attempted to do the Global Executive MBA program at Duke. I have three children ages 1,4, and 14. I also have a career. The weight of all three responsibilities was too much and I had to end my goal of attaining my MBA at this time. While my workplace was very accommodating, the rigor of my MBA program left little accommodations for my role as a mother. I hope in the future that higher education would provide more accommodations for working mothers.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
Don’t be afraid to shine. Bring new ideas forward. Bring your generational strengths to your role. Trade your strengths for someone who is older and learn from each other.

Don’t be afraid to shine.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
Searching for harmony in all the roles I have.

IMG_6230 - Courtney Vigil.jpeg