cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 #WomenWhoLead covers (Instagram Post).png

Charissa Baute

HR Business Partner, Comnexa

📍Lisbon area

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
One of the most heartening compliments I've received from my friends is being described as someone who exudes a lust for life, embodying the concept of "joie de vivre." While it might not be a single word, it perfectly captures my philosophy of embracing opportunities with a "why not" mindset.

Over the past year, I set out on a journey to explore 30 new things before turning 30. This endeavor served as a beautiful reminder to keep my heart open to fresh adventures and wholeheartedly say yes to new experiences. It has been a delightful journey of self-discovery and an affirmation of the joy that comes from embracing life's possibilities.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
Absolutely! Leading by example is a cornerstone of our values, particularly Trust and Innovation, and I am fortunate to be part of an organization where our partners actively champion social change. The emphasis on social impact not only propels innovation within our company but also motivates us to seek projects and opportunities aligned with that vision. I firmly believe that a steadfast commitment to positive social and environmental practices fosters loyalty and trust.

In today's complex world, grappling with challenges like climate change, inequality, and poverty, our leaders emerge as influential forces capable of making a substantial impact. By weaving sustainable and socially responsible practices into our business strategy, we can contribute meaningfully to addressing these global issues.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?
One of the aspects I truly appreciate about Comnexa is the celebration of individuality in our workplace, which significantly enriches our organizational culture. Here, everyone is encouraged to freely champion various great causes, and it's heartening to see Comnexa's support for these initiatives.

The company maintains an open-minded approach to exploring diverse causes that contribute to the well-being of the broader community. Whether it's backing a local sports team or actively participating in Movember and supporting women's organizations in Jersey and Portugal, our commitment to making a positive impact is evident and inspiring.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Embrace kindness and the power of presence. Each person is navigating their own journey, and a simple act of kindness can make a profound difference. Be generous with your kindness, and when someone needs your support, be fully present for them.

Embrace kindness and the power of presence.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
I strongly believe in the importance of maintaining an ongoing dialogue about these matters, whether it's with our managers, friends, sisters, or colleagues. Let's actively foster these conversations and embrace transparency when discussing the challenges we encounter. As an ally, I am committed to ensuring fair pay for women by consistently reviewing and addressing any gender pay gaps within the organization in collaboration with our partners.

Additionally, let's establish mentorship programs to connect women with seasoned professionals who can offer valuable guidance and support. Let's also continue on offering flexible work arrangements such as remote work options or flexible hours which helped women juggle their various roles. By championing these initiatives, we can create an inclusive and supportive workplace for everyone.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
Seek out a mentor who inspires you and make it a habit to regularly connect with them. This not only broadens your perspectives but also contributes to your growth as a professional.

Remember, your voice matters. Don't hesitate to share your ideas and thoughts. They have the power to make a meaningful impact. Embrace the confidence to express yourself, as your unique perspective adds tremendous value.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
As I approach the milestone of turning 30, I find myself reflecting on the multitude of experiences that have shaped me. Also, continue in developing a community of women around me as an "expat" in Portugal. I have met so many amazing open-minded women these past few years. The questions and acceptance that we are all seeking for are greatly answered by just meeting with them. While there are still a few adventures left on my 30-before-30 list, I look forward to the personal growth they will bring.

On a professional note, my goal is to further my journey with Comnexa and contribute to the creation of a great employee experience for our team. I'm excited about the opportunities ahead and the positive impact we can make together. Kicking it off with a well-deserved team trip for them all.