Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

33.png

Brittany Turner

Founder, Countless LLC

📍Philly, US

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Resilient. I've faced a number of difficulties in my life, from a very young age, and I've never given up, lost hope, or become hardened. I have a mindset that truly believes life gets better each day and the best is yet to come.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Absolutely. Businesses make up a large percentage of our global population and if businesses are not prioritizing social impact in the same way that individuals are, we'll always fall short.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes. Even before taking the pledge with Pledge 1%, I've donated at least 1% of our gross proceeds to charity since starting Countless in 2016. That approach was rooted in my personal life where I've been an advocate for giving back to the community since my early college days.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Probably from my father - he really drilled it into my head from a young age that I could do anything, be anything, and that it was so important for me to be entirely self-sufficient. I never felt like anything was out of reach for me. He helped make me fearless in my career.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

You can do anything and be anything. And don't wait to opt-in to your company's 401k. Compound interest is no joke!

If you're at a company that doesn't offer a 401k, encourage them to offer something or look for another position. It doesn't require much for a company to offer this to their team and if they don't, they might not prioritize your whole being.

"You can do anything and be anything."

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Yes! Personally, I am going on a 6-day hike in the Andes mountains this summer that I'm very much looking forward to!

Professionally I am excited about working with more clients in a financial planning capacity. I received my CFP® license in December of 2023.