Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

5.png

Aubrey Blanche-Sarellano

VP of Equitable Operations, Culture Amp

📍Sydney, Australia

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Passionate: I'm someone who thow myself into the things I care about and the challenges that I see. I tend to gravitate towards issues that are difficult and also hold people back from achieving their potential -- hence the career I've chosen!

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

I believe that given the overall impact that businesses have on society, there is no excuse for them not considering social impact in their operations. It's leaders' ethical duty to engage in the world and take responsibility for having impact to make the world better than they found it.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

I believe in sharing the specific skills and access that I have. That means that most of my volunteering focuses on free consulting for organizations who couldn't otherwise afford it, and mentoring folks who haven't always been given the chance to get support from people in their fields.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

"Know how to tell the difference between rules that are just and unjust, and know what you're willing to risk to stand on the side of what's right."

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Don't limit yourself to specific job titles. Figure out what skills you get energy from using and what problems are exciting for you to solve.

"Look for roles--or hack your current one--to do more of what lights you up."

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I'm looking forward to having my wedding after a whirlwind couple of years moving back and forth around the world!

2 Comments
MElliott
Path Finder
Marketing Manager, Ostendio

Love this advice!  "Know how to tell the difference between rules that are just and unjust, and know what you're willing to risk to stand on the side of what's right."  This series of interviews is great.

Bianca Penaloza
Community Manager
Community Manager
CTO, Pledge 1%

@Mel  Couldn't agree more! It's such a powerful personal and professional commitment, too!