Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

4.png

Ashley Ladd

Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Social Impact, Snyk

📍Boston, MA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Ambitious. My mom instilled in me at a young age to be curious, hard-working, and kind to everyone. She led by example in so many ways and it showed me that anything is possible when you put your mind to it. I take these lessons with me in all that I do, both personally and professionally.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

It's incredibly important for leaders today to advocate for and prioritize social impact throughout their organization. Not only is it good for business but it's a great way to pay it forward, maximize impact globally and ensure we're taking care of the communities where we live and work.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Snyk has a wide array of Social Impact programs that run each year but one of our most impactful programs is our Snyk Week of Impact. As a company, we commit to participating in volunteer opportunities across the globe within one week to increase our impact exponentially. From renovating a school and street outreach to support the homeless to packing meals and cleaning up a community center our Snykers work together as One Team to leave a lasting impact.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

"When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Creating more equitable and inclusive spaces for women begins with community and conversation. We need to ensure we're having conversations about equal pay, promotions, and career growth, and doing so throughout the organization. From Employee Resource Groups to Leadership, these conversations need to happen often and include everyone.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

You may not know exactly what you want your career to be (and that's ok!).

"Be intentional about deepening your understanding and skillset in the areas that will help you get that dream job. Lean in and take risks where you can - it will always be a great learning experience."

snyk - Ashley Ladd.jpg