cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Arleen Saluja-Westerkamp

Director of Salesforce Consulting at Agency73

San Diego, California, USA

WWL 2022 - Headshots.png

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I help Agency73 build their Salesforce consulting business while overseeing customer engagements, managing and mentoring the consulting team, and helping clients achieve their CRM goals through successful Salesforce implementations.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

Apart from helping customers change the way they do business, my favorite part of what I do is help shape the next generation of software consultants and entrepreneurs. Getting the opportunity to influence and work with some of the smartest minds in the business is both a privilege and a responsibility.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

I get my motivation from our customers’ success stories. Through our software implementations, we have helped a number of businesses enable remote working for their employees. We are making a difference in these people’s lives and ultimately helping companies support safe work environment for their employees.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

When I find myself judging another woman, I get reminded of what someone once told me - the first thought that goes through mind is what you have been conditioned to think. What you think next, defines who you are. We are all struggling to find our voice and our place in this world, and a little empathy goes a long way. Amy Poehler once said – “It takes years as a woman to unlearn what you have been taught to be sorry for. It takes years to find your voice and your real estate”.

What does generosity mean to you? 

Generosity is the ultimate human spirit. If you want to be anything in life, be generous! Generous with your time. Generous with your love. Generous with your support. Generous with your humanity. And generous in the way you treat people. 

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

Businesses help the society grow and flourish. They add jobs and empower people to attain a better quality of life. Businesses help provide purpose and direction to the young adults who are starting new careers. For me, working for a small business provides me the opportunity to use technology to help make people's lives easier and more efficient. Once, I built a software automation for a customer, that helped them save 2 hours everyday by not having to do manual data entry. This allowed them to be able to leave work earlier and be home in time to have dinner with their child.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Passionate. I am passionate about helping people and making a difference in the world. I try to put passion into everything I do in my personal and professional life. Passion drives my decision-making and goal setting.

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be?

Run the World (Girls), Song by Beyoncé

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Professionally, I am looking forward to growing our team and our company. Getting the opportunity to help guide software consultants in their career path. Personally, I am looking forward to getting a little more of the “normal” back in this COVID-present world. I don’t know if we can ever completely get rid of the virus, but I hope, as a world, we keep getting better at co-existing with it while staying safe and healthy.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

I moved to the USA about 15 years ago, as a scared young Indian girl, with lots of hopes and dreams. With hard work and passion, I worked my way up to be a Director at a software company. My journey has taught me to have empathy and compassion for people who are going through their own journeys. I never let myself forget how fortunate I have been and how important it is to give back to the community that helped me flourish.

Women Who Lead