Untitled-design-9

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Alia Daniels. Co-Founder and COO of Revry.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I am a socially conscious entrepreneur who found my niche at the intersection of entertainment, entrepreneurship and social impact as the co-founder and chief operating officer for Revry, a global queer streaming tv network.

As an advocate for inclusion for all underrepresented communities, the cornerstone of my personal mission is to create avenues for authentic representation in media and business.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Saying yes to creating Revry. Not just from a career standpoint, but also from a purpose standpoint. I am now actively working in a place where I can help people feel seen and know they are not alone.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

The number one challenge I face as a woman in the industry is the same advice I gave below; not being fearful to speak up, then keep speaking louder until you are heard.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Don’t be afraid to use your voice. If you’re ignored, don’t be afraid to say it again. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate.

What woman inspires you the most? Why?

Bozoma Saint John. She is, by her own admission, a total bad ass. She walks into every room and is 100% authentically herself. It is such a beautiful and aspirational thing that I hope to be able to do.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

My favorite podcast right now is Pod Save The People. In this current political climate, I appreciate the view points of these super brilliant hosts. Plus I am a huge Brittany Packnett-Cunningham fan.

What’s something coming up that excites you?

I’m incredibly excited to see all of the inroads being made by women, people of color, queer folks and all the ways those communities intersect in both media and business. Seeing folks who were traditionally ignored finding themselves in positions where they can make actual change is so exciting and inspiring to me.