cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome New Members! Introduce Yourself to the Community

RoseSpitzer
Pledge 1% Alumni
Pledge 1%

Community is about getting to know each other. So once you've joined, please share a few things about yourself with other community members. How did you start your social impact journey? What causes are you passionate about? What (or who) inspires you? 

Thank you for sharing your story and being a force for good! 

Rose Spitzer
Director, Pledge 1% Community
rose@pledge1percent.org
163 REPLIES 163

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager, Pledge 1%

Hi @robbieierubino

I would also love to hear from our members, but our How to Get Started Playbook is a fabulous resource for building out your social impact program. You might also enjoy reading through our Member Stories to see program examples and how our members are moving from pledge to action. 

And one last thing...we just launched our Member Onboarding webinars, which you can read about and register for here. 

robbieierubino
Path Finder
Founder & Principal Creative Director, Studio Eye

I have selected time and profit. Based on what I wanted Studio Eye to be, I am looking for something that will help me launch it. Can you recommend some projects and resources? If not, where can I find some since I'm new here?

Robbie Ierubino

InesGarcia
Helping Hand
Agile Coach, Consultant, Author, Get Agile

Oh interesting! how many and which pledge 1% are you going for?

have a browse around to projects and resources on this community,

just ask if any questions. 

Ines Garcia
Author amazon.com/author/inesgarcia
Agile Coach CSP-SM | Salesforce MVP | Inventor | Author

robbieierubino
Path Finder

Thanks, Ines! I was recommended by another pledging organization that I thought would be suitable for my business growth, support, and launch.

Robbie Ierubino

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Big welcome! What a wonderful purpose driven organisation  Robbie!

What brings you to pledge 1%?

Ines Garcia

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @robbieierubino! Thank you for joining our Pledge 1% movement. It was wonderful to see that Studio Eye plans to pledge time and profit. Please let me know if you have any questions about the community and I look forward to connecting in our call. 

robbieierubino
Path Finder

Hi! My name is Robbie Ierubino, and I am a US-born autistic artist who emigrated to Europe when I was 14. I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) degree in Graphic Design and a Master of Arts in Arts and Creative Technologies, both from Staffordshire University in Stoke-on-Trent, England. I have completed a graphic design internship with the wendy.network and at the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) in Vienna, Austria. But today, I find myself on a new creative journey to incorporate music production and DJ performance with these graphic skills - offering a multi-sensory experience.

After graduating from university and working as an intern, I have struggled to find a new graphic design job. However, I was recommended another option when taking an online creative course. The course host, Michael Johnson, had the same experience as I did when he got unemployed and had no choice but to start his company, Johnson Banks. Luckily, I had thought of a company that would support me and disabled creatives to work and create in multiple creative industries. That is when I decided to start establishing Studio Eye, which intends to support, diversify, and socially include the neurodiverse and people with disabilities who want to develop optimistic impacts worldwide through creative collaboration in multiple industries.

The creative industries that creatives with disabilities wanted to be included in are:
  1. Films & TV Shows - produced by the entertainment industry.
  2. Music - created by musicians and produced by the music industry.
  3. Books and Magazines - written and published by the publishing industry.
  4. Artwork & Sculptures - made by artists and sold by galleries and art dealers.
  5. Graphic Design - created by designers and used in advertising, marketing, and branding.
  6. Video Games - developed by the gaming industry.
  7. Architecture - designed by architects and built by construction companies.
  8. Fashion - created and produced by the fashion industry.
  9. Photography - taken by photographers and sold to clients or used in advertising and marketing.
  10. Performing Arts - including theater, dance, and opera, produced by the performing arts industry.

For more information, please have a look at my PDF file that tells more about my business plan for my startup.

Robbie Ierubino

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @RobSramek! Thank you for being here and introducing yourself.

Have you outlined the details of Sofigate's Salesforce 1% pledge drive? If not, our Getting Started Playbook is a wonderful way to start your journey. If you have any questions about social impact programs and best practices, please don't hesitate to reach out through our Ask the Community forum.

I look forward to learning more about your program and what you are working on!

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Thats fab Regina, another Salesforceian here!

is that which 1%? profit? time? revenue? equity? ...

On my sustainability engagement one thing customers find helpful is aligning strategy and SDGs? you can see the detail metrics of each for example quality education to guide decisions and measure impact.

Ines Garcia

RobSramek
Explorer
COO, Success manager, Sofigate Oy

HI ALL!   Not sure how to start this or where to actually place this post but here goes:   My social impact journey has now started, through Sofigate's Salesforce 1% pledge drive, which to me has a meaningful initiative that resonated with my values. The opportunity to contribute to positive change in the community ignited my passion for social impact. I am particularly passionate about causes that focus on education and empowerment, as I believe in the transformative power of knowledge and opportunity. The commitment of Sofigate to give back has been a major inspiration for me, reminding me of the importance of using our skills and resources to make a meaningful difference here at home and abroad.

Rob
COO, Success Manager - Salesforce Platform -- Sofigate Oy

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Thats fab Regina, is that which 1%? profit? time? revenue? equity? ...

Do you align it with strategy and SDGs?

another Salesforceian here!

Ines Garcia

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @resalvatori! We are delighted to welcome you to the Pledge 1% Community. Your initiative sounds incredibly impactful. Have you faced any challenges with starting the program? I look forward to hearing more about your program in the future, and please let me know if you have any questions about the community!

resalvatori
Explorer
Co-Founder / Salesforce Consultant, Araliz Consulting

Hello everyone, 

I'm Regina from Araliz Consulting, we are a new Salesforce Consultancy and we decided to start helping from the beginning of our story so we can give back. Our donations are  focused on pro bono activities, helping non profit organizations with their Salesforce orgs, and training people who have no means to purchase a course. Thanks 

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, Ana (@S2MountainAdventures)! Our Climate Action Playbook is a great resource to learn more about how to develop a climate action program. If you have any questions for our community our Ask the Community forum is where you can reach out and ask for feedback or advice. I look forward to learning more about your programs and wish you a wonderful 2024!

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Thats fab Ingrid, is that which 1%? profit? time? revenue? equity? ...

Do you align it with strategy and SDGs?

Here example of my lightweight 1 person ltd freelance impact reports: https://www.inesgarcia.me/principles 

(2023 impact report in progress)

Ines Garcia

Ingrid_IndexEng
Path Finder
Director/Business Manager, Index Engineering

Sounds fab! We are a mechanical engineering consultancy committed to Pledge 1%.  It's a good thing to do. We support 3 charities: one re the environment, one re child poverty and one re a local need (forest rescue). How are ou going to use your 1%?

S2MountainAdventures
Explorer
Founder, S2 Mountain Adventures

Hello to the Pledge 1% community! 

I am so excited to learn about the Pledge 1% initiatives and to find meaningful ways to make our sustainability values tangible through concrete actions. S2 Mountain Adventures is an international trekking and mountaineering company committed to promoting accessibility to the mountains in a culturally and environmentally sustainable manner. We are acutely aware of the irony involved in operating a mountain adventure company, in which we deeply value the beauty and sanctity of the high places in the world, while also recognizing that international travel adds substantially to our carbon footprint and to the human burden on fragile alpine environments. We are also committed to increasing representation in the sport of mountaineering, something that I've personally find to be incredibly motivating. We are taking the 1% Pledge in order to develop ways to minimize and offset our carbon footprint and to promote diversity in and accessibility to the mountains.  I would appreciate connecting with similarly aligned individuals and companies. 

Ana Mills, PsyD

Founder/Guide S2 Mountain Adventures 

ana@s2mountainadventures.com

www.s2mountainadventures.com 

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Ellie! I look forward to hearing more about the programs that @Focus_Group have been running and what you have planned for the future. Our Social Impact forum is a great place to share those stories.

If you haven't already checked out the Pledge 1% Time Playbook, that could be a very helpful resource. 

Thanks for making an introduction and please let us know if you need help finding your way around the community!

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Big welcome to this community Focus Group!

have a browse around to projects and resources on this community,

just ask if any questions. 

I love how you focus on place for your give back programme

Ines Garcia

Focus_Group
Explorer
Collective of creative thinkers, expert doers and passionate change-makers, Focus Group

Hello, all! I'm Ellie from Focus Group and we're excited to have made a pledge for 1% of our Time to the causes we care about. We've had a volunteering program in place for a while, but are formalising what we do under a new pro bono framework too – being an Aussie company, we're particularly keen to deepen our Reconciliation activity with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. Look forward to getting to know this community and seeing some inspiration!

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @Alia! I look forward to speaking with you next week. In the meantime, please let me know if you need help finding your way around the community. 

diz
Path Finder
LiquiDonate

Rad! Love Peloton 🙂 Would love to connect on what we are doing re: sustainability/donations if helpful.  My email is diz@liquidonate.com if you'd like to connect.

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

That's brilliant sending good vibes and big welcome to this community Alia!

In terms of Pledge1%, how many and which % are you pledging to?

have a browse around to projects and resources on this community

Ines Garcia

Alia
Explorer
Senior Director of ESG, Social Impact, Peloton

Hi all! I'm Alia. I get to lead social impact at Peloton, and we're new here. We focus on the intersection of racial equity, physical fitness, and mental wellness. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Alia McCants (she/her)
Senior Director of ESG, Social Impact

Alicia_Schmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager
VP, Member Impact, Pledge 1%

Welcome Mallika! Please let me know if you need anything as you get started. 

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

That's brilliant sending good vibes on your early days. If you need ramp-up support best contact is via www.inesgarcia.me

In terms of Pledge1%, how many and which % are you pledging to?

have a browse around to projects and resources on this community

Ines Garcia

yashvita
Explorer
Director, Yashvita Technologies Private Limited

Thank you @InesGarcia !

We are a start-up. Currently started training programs on different Salesforce Clouds and Certifications.

We are looking for Projects as we want to expand our services in Implementation, Customization and Managed Services. 

We are looking for Lead Generator to work for our company.

If you have any references, could you please let us know.

Regards,

Mallika Bannaravuri,

bnmallika@yashvita.co.in

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hola Mallika, Another Salesforceian here!

Big welcome

how many and which % are you pledging to?

Also, have a browse around to projects and resources. reach out if anything!

Ines Garcia

yashvita
Explorer
Director, Yashvita Technologies Private Limited

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mallika and I am a Tech Savvy.

Yashvita Technologies is not just a Salesforce Consulting and Online Training Services Company; we are a passionate community of tech enthusiasts committed to making a positive impact. Specializing in Salesforce solutions and online training services, we believe in the transformative power of technology to elevate businesses and empower individuals.

Yashvita Technologies proudly embraces the values of the Pledge 1% community. We are dedicated to giving back, whether through our expertise, resources, or time. By being part of Pledge 1%, we extend our commitment to helping others and fostering positive change in the communities we serve.

We don't just excel in delivering top-notch Salesforce services and training; we strive to be a force for good, leveraging our success to uplift those around us. Join us in this journey of innovation, learning, and giving back to create a brighter, more connected future.

Regards,

Mallika Bannaravuri,

Director,

Yashvita Technologies,

bnmallika@yashvita.co.in | www.yashvita.co.in

+91 9063840105

jeffreyberk
Explorer
Founder & Principal, Digital Life Advisors

Hello everyone.  My name is Jeffrey Berk and I am a Digital Life Advisor.  

In August 2023, my father was diagnosed with lung cancer.   Shortly after the diagnosis and before risky surgery, he asked me to help him with his digital estate.  He had an estate plan in place but until we met, he never thought about his digital estate.  He never organized or properly secure his digital life.  He had never addressed assets like his online accounts, files, emails, social media accounts, writings, photos and so much more.  (He even had an NFT or two.)   My father wanted to prepare for my family being able to efficiently locate and access his digital assets in case something happened to him.  Thankfully, my father survived the surgery and his prognosis is very good. 

When I learned about the 1% pledge, it inspired me to marry supporting a cancer organization with honoring my father... honoring his fight and TOO MANY people's fights.   At this time, I am researching which cancer organization and non-profit to connect with my 1% pledge.  If anyone has experience with organizations like the American Cancer Society, the LIVESTRONG Foundation or any other, I'd love to hear from you.

I look forward to embracing a corporate philanthropy that acts to honor both my company's roots and my very first client.

Kindly,

Jeffrey Berk

Los Angeles, CA

Jeffrey Berk

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

haha yes! in fact I do have quite a few ventures www.inesgarcia.me 

Ines Garcia

Springman_Consulting
Path Finder
President, Springman Consulting LLC

Thanks Ines!  I see you're an Agile coach.  I'm a big Agile advocate myself, especially because I'm old enough to remember how bad waterfall development was!

Regards,
Brian Springman

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hola Brian, Another Salesforceian here!

Big welcome have a browse around to projects and resources. reach out if anything!

Ines Garcia

Springman_Consulting
Path Finder
Alicia,

Thanks for recommending the Salesforce Impact Exchange. However, when I
tried to sign up I go the following message that it is still in beta and
not available to Salesforce partners. I'll try again in a few months.

"Hey there! Thank you for confirming your Trailblazer ID profile. At this
time, the Impact Exchange is in Beta and only available for Salesforce
nonprofit and education customers with active (not trial) licenses and
Salesforce employees. Please look out for expanded eligibility updates
announced in the Trailblazer Community."

Brian Springman
Springman Consulting LLC
(704) 965-3804 (c)
Regards,
Brian Springman

Alicia_Schmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Brian! Love hearing more about your volunteering. Have you checked out the Salesforce Impact Exchange? 
https://impactexchange.salesforce.com/s/

Ooops, just realized it is still in Beta. Checkout taproot instead. 

Springman_Consulting
Path Finder

Hello Pledge 1% Community,

I'm Brian Springman, I'm an independent management consultant and new Salesforce partner.  I primarily serve as a project manager for my clients on large IT projects.  Currently trying to grow the business by offering a Salesforce project management app.

My wife and I are pledging 1% of our time to Mel's Diner.  This is a food mission that started in our neighbor's garage and now prepares 800 meals a week with volunteer labor and food donated by grocery stores and restaurants (special thanks to Harris Teeter, Whole Foods and Chick-fil-A! ).  This is actually a full-time job for my wife who coordinates the volunteers and organizes the pickups of the food donations.

I'm also interested in leveraging my project management and technical skills for other charities.  Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,
Brian Springman

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hola Stephen, 

Big welcome have a browse around to projects and resources.  reach out if anything!

Ines Garcia

Alicia_Schmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Stephen! Love the name and purpose of your fund! 

MonolithBrewing
Newcomer
Owner/Head Brewer, Monolith Brewing

Hi!

My Name is Stephen Monahan, I'm the owner and head brewer at Monolith Brewing, opening in Denver, CO in November 2023. 1% of our revenue is going towards a charity I started, Brew Like a Girl Scholarship Fund, which helps fund tuitions for women who are accepted/enrolled in brewing science programs at higher learning institutions. Check out our facebook page or website at Brewlikeagirl.org

Stephen Monahan
President - Brew Like a Girl Scholarship Fund
Owner/Head Brewer - Monolith Brewing

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Sure, here is my portfolio you can reach out directly from there www.inesgarcia.me

Ines Garcia

davidpluvoai
Path Finder
CTO, Pluvo AI Consulting Inc

Dear Ines,

Yes, we are a consultant partner company to Salesforce.
It would be great if you can give me a hand. 

Best,

David

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Thats brilliant David, I can assume from your picture you are also a trailblazer? 

If you need a hand aligning the pledge to SDGs or ESG etc let me know1

Ines Garcia

davidpluvoai
Path Finder

Hello Alicia and Ines,
Thank you very much for warm welcome. 
Currently we are planning to pledge with our time (1-10% annually). 

Thanks for asking. 
Best,

David

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hola David, 

Big welcome have a browse around to projects and resources.  reach out if anything!

which %s are you pledging?

Ines Garcia

Alicia_Schmidt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome David! We're glad you are here. Can you share a little bit about your pledge focus? Time, Money, Equity, etc.? 

davidpluvoai
Path Finder

Hello ,

This is David from Canada.

It is excited to be part of this community.

Kudos to everyone who created and maintain this platform and all people who are the supporters of this community. 

Greetings to all.

Best,

David

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hola Om, 

Big welcome, great to see you here! have a browse around to projects and resources.  reach out if anything!

Ines Garcia

Om Prakash
Explorer
Founder & CEO, AppyCrown Private Limited

Hi,

I’m glad to be here with the Pledge 1% Community. Thank you everyone for your commitment and leadership.

I'm the founder and CEO of AppyCrown Private Limited, where I specialize as a Salesforce Technical Architect, assisting businesses in using the best solutions on the Salesforce Platform.

I began my social impact journey by giving back to the community through volunteering my time and empowering others with my skills.

Life is beautiful, and everyone deserves to be surrounded by happiness. I strongly believe that even making a small impact can be a great contribution to creating a better world.

I find inspiration from my family, my journey and from observing those who are making positive impacts.

Thank you!

Om Prakash

InesGarcia
Helping Hand

Hi Subramaniyam, 

which %s are you pledging?

Ines Garcia

swamycs
Explorer
Chief Executing Officer, Lean IT India Private Limited

Hello Community Members!

My journey into social impact was inspired by a deeply held belief in the power of giving back. As a firm believer in the 1-1-1 model pioneered by Salesforce Founder Marc Benioff, I am committed to integrating corporate philanthropy into our ethos, here at Lean IT Inc. Giving back to society is not just a choice, but a responsibility that I hold close to my heart

Personally, I am driven by the commitment to make a positive change in the world. As a proud member of Rotary International, I have aligned my efforts with the organization's mission to work towards the attainment of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals declared by the UN in 2015. Through Rotary and in collaboration with my dedicated team at Lean IT, we are actively contributing to meaningful causes that foster education, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and social equality. These causes fuel our determination to create a positive and lasting impact.

The inspiration behind my efforts comes from the countless stories of individuals whose lives have been transformed through our collective actions to empower marginalized communities. The desire to leave a meaningful legacy that extends beyond business achievements is what drives me each day.

The prospect of generating a ripple effect of positive change inspires me, as I witness the profound difference we make in people's lives and communities. It's an honor to contribute to a brighter future beyond business accomplishments.

I genuinely hope that more companies will embrace the spirit of giving through initiatives like Pledge 1%. By embracing this commitment to social impact, we collectively have the power to drive positive change and create a more compassionate and equitable world.

Warm regards,
Subramaniyam

SUBRAMANIYAM SWAMY
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.