Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

37.png

Mirjana Perkovic

Entrepreneur, Founder, CEO, LookStyler

📍Brussels, New York

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

As a global citizen, I've explored 107 countries across six continents already, embodying a pluralistic worldview.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Corporate leaders need to explore social impact to ensure equal access to finance and opportunities for all, fostering diversity in leadership and addressing systemic inequalities, thus creating more inclusive and sustainable organizations that benefit society as a whole.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

As an entrepreneur, I give back to society by creating jobs, serving as a female role model, and mentoring other female leaders, thus contributing to positive social impact and empowerment.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

The best piece of advice I've received is that "When you think you have been buried, you have actually been planted," inspiring resilience in overcoming adversities and embracing change as opportunities for growth and renewal.

"When you think you have been buried, you have actually been planted."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Workplaces must prioritize becoming more equitable and inclusive for women, achieved through inspiring women to pursue leadership roles, implementing systemic changes to support their advancement, and emphasizing the promotion and elevation of feminine female leaders who exemplify qualities of grace and empathy.

We must ensure immediate access to substantial financing for all female entrepreneurs who embody the true qualities of inspired leadership.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

This year, I'm eagerly anticipating scaling my business and publishing my debut book, while also prioritizing investments in both personal and professional growth.

My aim is to inspire fellow female leaders to take decisive action for positive change, fostering a supportive and empowering community for women's advancement.

1 Comment
Juan_Pledge_1
Pledge 1% Team
Chief of Staff, Pledge 1%

This is really great: "When you think you have been buried, you have actually been planted"