Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Women Who Lead Round-Up: One Word to Describe Ourselves

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager, Pledge 1%

As we celebrate Women's History Month, we're thrilled to share some amazing insights from our members through our #WomenWhoLead series. We asked these social impact leaders to describe themselves in one word and share why that word resonates with them. Their answers are insightful and a testament to their passion and dedication to making a difference. 

Check out what they have to say, and then share your answer to the question, If there is one quality you think has helped you navigate your career in social impact, what is it? Why?

Jessica Shor on Always Advocating for Yourself

Tenacious. I don't believe in giving up or failure if it's at all in my control. I also love solving problems even when they are outside of my "lane".  I once had a competitors offices raided by the Czechia police for theft of our IP. For me it comes down to fairness and equality, and I believe taking competitive information isn't fair. 

Gabriella Espinoza: Navigating Leadership with an Open Mind and Empowering Spirit

Open. Whether it's my mindset or my metaphorical door, I believe it's crucial to create a space in which my teammates can feel comfortable to honestly share whatever is on their mind. My primary goal in leadership is to ensure my teammates feel empowered to navigate whatever challenge they face and to share whatever feedback they have.

Piyusha Pilania: Empowering Women, Breaking Barriers, and Leading with Resilience

Resilience. I come from a very traditional Rajasthani family where girls are married as soon as possible, I was married at the age of 20 during my bachelor's degree. I trained to be a housewife and dedicate my life towards family. But I wanted to do something to change this narrative, I built a career for myself and now I'm helping other females in the villages of Rajasthan to stand on their feet and have a career of their own.

Ashley Ladd - Lean In and Take Risks Where You Can

Ambitious. My mom instilled in me at a young age to be curious, hard-working, and kind to everyone. She led by example in so many ways and it showed me that anything is possible when you put your mind to it. I take these lessons with me in all that I do, both personally and professionally.

Aubrey Blanche-Sarellano - A Passionate Pursuit of Social Impact and Career Wisdom

Passionate. I'm someone who throws myself into the things I care about and the challenges that I see. I tend to gravitate towards issues that are difficult and also hold people back from achieving their potential -- hence the career I've chosen!

Now, we want to hear from you! If there is one quality you think has helped you navigate your career in social impact, what is it? Why? Share your answers in the comments below and let's continue to inspire each other on our journey of creating positive social impact!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.