cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Social Impact fit in your organization?

lpugliano
Path Finder
Candoris

Social Impact. Social Justice. Corporate Responsibility. Sustainable Impact. CSR. Volunteering. VTO.

Where does this initiative belong in the org chart/organizationally with your company? Do the drivers of it sit within the larger Operations? HR? Marketing? Is it its own department? Who drives the cultural part of it - the partnerships and messaging, the updates, the internal and external reporting on it? 

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Laura Pugliano
7 REPLIES 7

lkeeler
Ambassador
Senior Social Impact Program Manager, New Relic

At New Relic the Social Impact team lives within the People Team. Our team does all the driving (messaging, reporting, etc.) around it. 

Ingrid_IndexEng
Path Finder
Director/Business Manager, Index Engineering

We are only a business of 14 people, so it is easy: I am the Practice Manager/a Director, and deal with finance/HR/marketing/strategy so it easily falls under my hat. I incorporate information re Pledge 1% and the particular charities that we are supporting in the newsletters and our website. Now that we have adopted it, there isn't much reporting, i.e. now it is just enacting our commitment.  The 1% of our consulting fees just becomes another expense item. We get updates from our charities and use their logos on our website.  It is  very little work for me, now that it is set up.

Mark_Reading
Advocate
Head of Atlassian Foundation and Chair of Pledge 1% Board, Atlassian

Atlassian has ~7,000 employees these days. The two co-founders, Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes are Co-CEOs. As the Head of Foundation, I'm one of only 4 reports to Scott. This is one of many very tangible demonstrations of the importance placed on the Atlassian Foundation by Scott, Mike and the company as a whole.

Mark_Reading
Advocate
Head of Atlassian Foundation and Chair of Pledge 1% Board, Atlassian

If there's any way you can have the head of social impact role report directly to the CEO/co-founder (I know this is often unrealistic), I strongly encourage you to do so. The fact I have regular contact, including 1:1 time every month, with one of our two co-CEOs (Atlassian's co-founders), makes a massive practical difference to the effectiveness of my team and I.

Gabrielacrego
Ambassador
Social Impact Lead, Rock Content

The same here at Rock Content. 

The social impact team (called Rock.org) reports directly to the VP of People, under People and Culture team. We also work closely to the belonging team (employee engagement, internal comms and DEI).

Diogo
Path Finder
darwinLabs

At darwinLabs we are 40 and still starting our engines with a structured approach to Social Impact. My main function for now is as a developer and I initiated this partnership with Pledge 1% after showing interest on doing something around Social Impact to our CEO and he was the one suggesting joining Pledge 1% has a next move. From then on I've been working together with Human Resources in order to increase momentum about Social Impact around my co-workers.

janelle
Ambassador
Manager, Customer Data, Zylo

We have a volunteer employee resource group that works closely with HR and Finance to organize our philanthropic activities. So, not officially part of the organization but it's a great way to foster cross collaboration and to get to know people across the org (especially in a fully remote setting!).

Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.