cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hispanic Heritage Month

melissahilldees
Explorer
Founding Partner, HandsOn Connect Cloud Solutions

There seem to be very few resources that I can find access to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month (https://www.hispanicheritagemonth.gov/) . As a minority owned business, we would like to encourage other under-represented voices to be entrepreneurs. 

Any ideas on where to find resources?

Melissa Hill Dees, MBA
#SalesforceMVP
1 REPLY 1

RoseSpitzer
Pledge 1% Alumni
Pledge 1%

This is such a great question @melissahilldees.  The past month I've enjoyed seeing businesses showcasing Hispanic contributions - from the books on my reading list, to the recipes on my meal app! 

I thought this was a great list from Fundbox:

5 Easy Ways Your Business Can Honor and Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month

Number four especially seems very relevant for our Pledge 1% Members: 

4. Donate to a Hispanic-focused nonprofit organization 

Donating to an organization that centers and uplifts Hispanic and Latinx people is a powerful way to commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month. You can either support a handful of different organizations, or contribute a percentage of your business’s September and October revenues to one particular cause. 

To involve your employees, consider matching their donations up to a certain dollar amount or holding a workplace contest. Whoever receives the best customer feedback or scores the highest monthly sales gets to choose which Hispanic-focused nonprofit they want you to donate to. 

If you need a place to start, here are some organizations to check out:

• Hispanic Heritage Foundation supports and connects Latino leaders in the community, classroom, and workforce. 
  • Voto Latino is a grassroots political organization dedicated to educating and encouraging voters. 
  • United We Dream is an immigrant youth-led community that works to protect immigrant rights and end discrimination.   
  • National Alliance for Hispanic Health is a science-based, community-driven organization that provides health services to communities in need. 

It’s also a good idea to look into your community’s local Hispanic-centered organizations. 

Rose Spitzer
Director, Pledge 1% Community
rose@pledge1percent.org
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.