cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESG Business Integration and Commitments

dconkling
Explorer
Director, Corporate Social Responsibility & ESG, Silicon Valley Bank

So great to see everyone on the Employee Engagement 2.0 discussion today, nice job to all the panelists!  I especially loved the notion around how CSR and Social Impact are now so much broader in scope, including  and specifically ESG integration into business strategy.  Curious about examples of what this might look like for different companies and sectors and how this factors into corporate purpose and ESG commitments?  Lots to unpack here, but wondering especially about innovation companies and investors whom we work with so closely.  Feel free to message me too, if that's easier.  I'm loving this Pledge 1% brain trust!

Danielle Conkling
Silicon Valley Bank
Director, Corporate Social Responsibility & ESG
"Fueling Innovation for a Better World"
2 REPLIES 2

ShannonPoulton
Path Finder
Good Thnx

Hi Danielle, I'm based in Australia but we bank with SVB in the US 🙂 Happy to share some examples, I have a particular favourite where one of our customers is doing Pledge '2%' now! They have built a highly profitable software company and because it was self funded, rather than VC backed, the founders are already giving 1% of profit to their chosen charity (Room to Read) + an additional 1% through our platform for staff to allocate through peer recognition, etc. 

RoseSpitzer
Pledge 1% Alumni
Pledge 1%

Great questions Danielle!

For those of you who missed the event, check out the key learnings and resources here Pledge 1% Event: Employee Engagement 2.0: What’s Working Now + Post-Pandemic World [Video] 

Rose Spitzer
Director, Pledge 1% Community
rose@pledge1percent.org
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.