cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Gavin Glynn Foundation & Salesforce on the charity hiking event "Steps to the Stars"

Thomas Hobel
Explorer
Chief Executive Officer, Twistellar

Just before my autumn vacation I had the pleasure of joining The Gavin Glynn Foundation & Salesforce on the charity hiking event "Steps to the Stars".

The reason for the event was raising money for families of children with cancer in Ireland travel overseas for treatment not available to them in Ireland and Twistellar was one of the main sponsors. The walk itself was excellent and I was impressed by the Irish "mountains" and wonderful nature. Thank you Aidan O'Toole for a great event for a good cause, already looking forward to next year!

photo_2023-10-24_12-55-12.jpgphoto_2023-10-30_18-07-50.jpgphoto_2023-10-30_18-08-27.jpgphoto_2023-10-30_18-08-47.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Kali N
Helping Hand
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation, Atlassian Foundation International Limited (AFIL)

Oh this sounds like a great initiative - and what a wonderful cause to come together for! Do you know if the target amount was raised? 

KALI NORMAN
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation
www.atlassianfoundation.org

Thomas Hobel
Explorer
Chief Executive Officer, Twistellar

Hi Kali, thank you for your comment!
More than 85.000 EUR was raised at the event.

Kali N
Helping Hand
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation, Atlassian Foundation International Limited (AFIL)

Congratulations -  that's a huge amount raised! I wonder if we could replicate something here (in Australia) with Salesforce, it looks like a great bonding experience as well for those on the hike.

I'll connect with them and see!

KALI NORMAN
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation
www.atlassianfoundation.org
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.