cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Helene Relief

ebonyvaz
Explorer
CEO, Above Promotions Company

I want to encourage each of you in the states affected by Hurricane Helene to consider checking in to see if the nonprofits you typically support or others may need your help getting recovery items to those in need.

We took our first wave of supplies to a Title I High School in a district where we volunteered with teachers to review curriculum, industry trends, and mock interviews. Serving on the district's Advisory Board gave us access to immediate needs, and we were able to fill a shopping cart with supplies to help students, parents, and teachers who had lost everything.

I want to reiterate that you should start where you already have connections and then consider venturing out and partnering with other groups doing the work. Don't assume what people need; go to the sources doing the work who know what those affected need.

Ebony Vaz
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager, Pledge 1%

Thank you so much for sharing your Member Impact story, @ebonyvaz. It's inspiring that your organization moved so quickly to help and your efforts will have a tremendous impact on the community. 

For other members looking for ways to help, I'll add a few Asheville area nonprofits that I can recommend. I live in Asheville and am happy to help find additional nonprofits if there is a specific cause you are looking support at this time. 

Members are invited to add additional organizations in the comments below. Thank you!

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager, Pledge 1%

Here is a list of additional organizations that was compiled by our Builders community:

Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.