cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Perigeon Software's Pledges 1% for Bal Raksha Bharat!

perigeon_software
Explorer
CEO, Perigeon Software Private Limited

At Perigeon Software, we believe in the power of collective action to bring positive change to the world. Today, we are thrilled to announce our commitment to the Pledge 1% initiative in support of Bal Raksha Bharat - an organization dedicated to the well-being and future of underprivileged children. We are contributing INR 1400 every month.

๐ŸŒŸAbout Bal Raksha Bharat๐ŸŒŸ

Bal Raksha Bharat is at the forefront of providing shelter, education, healthcare, and love to children who need it the most. By joining forces with them, we aim to contribute to building a brighter future for these young lives.

๐ŸŒŸTogether, We Can Change Lives! ๐ŸŒŸ

BalRaksha.PNG

Ujval Shah
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle Fifis
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager, Pledge 1%

How wonderful! What a celebratory moment for @perigeon_software and Bal Raksha Bharat. ๐ŸŽ†

Kali N
Helping Hand
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation, Atlassian Foundation International Limited (AFIL)

Oh amazing @perigeon_software - and I love that you've picked one cause to support, can I ask how you came to choose Bal Raksha Bharat (they look like they are doin amazing work)?

I'm always curious about how people pick an organisation to support with their giving, was this an organisation you've supported for a long time, did your staff collectively decide, or was it a CEO/Founder level decision?

KALI NORMAN
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation
www.atlassianfoundation.org

perigeon_software
Explorer
CEO, Perigeon Software Private Limited

Hi Kali,

Glad to see your contribution at AFL. I am still reading all articles.

Before establishing my company, I was already involved in NGO work. In 2008, I began by officially teaching children at an orphanage, which initiated my connections with individuals dedicated to various causes.

In a personal capacity, I have been engaged in:

• Educating orphaned children
  • Providing financial assistance for basic food needs to economically underprivileged individuals (our group of 10 volunteers visits them every weekend to serve meals)
  • Supporting a school for children with special needs by both contributing funds and volunteering time (we assist in selling items crafted by the students, as showcased in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_H2zURkr5g)

Lately, I was to talking my team to explore avenues for Perigeon, our company, to make a difference. Given the breadth of possibilities, we focused on assisting underprivileged children, promoting children's education, and supporting children with special needs. Their recommendation led us to consider Bal Raksha Bharat. After meeting their team and witnessing the profound impact of their work, we felt compelled to join forces. This marked the beginning of our journey.

Thanks,

Ujval

Ujval Shah
Navjivan School is situated in Ahmedabad for mentally challenged kids. Along with education, Navjivan School helps them to stand on their own foot. These kids makes festival items, some house -hold items. If you are in India/Gujarat/Ahmedabad, you can buy items made by them and contribute to ...

Kali N
Helping Hand
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation, Atlassian Foundation International Limited (AFIL)

Thank you so much for sharing your story - and a great recommendation especially given the work you yourself have done previously.

I've passed this onto our Education granting team with your comments for when we are next looking to take on more partners, thank you so much!

KALI NORMAN
Social Impact @ Atlassian Foundation
www.atlassianfoundation.org
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.