cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Volunteer Mentorship Opportunities for Employees?

Molly
Path Finder
Data Scientist, Atrium Insight Inc

Hi all, I work for Atrium, a tech consulting group. We're looking for opportunities for employees to virtually mentor, tutor, or coach in the technical, math, and/or business arenas. Does anyone have suggestions for specific organizations that would need this service on a regular basis? 

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

Miles_Procore
Ambassador
Procore

Hi Molly, in 2020 some of the other pledge 1% companies helped us to source virtual volunteer opportunities, here are a few options that I think might be helpful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TBz7yAP-ad93DIX5OhkX4RpKBBQWJGWuk6eT6CWlVNM/edit?usp=sharing

Molly
Path Finder

Thank you so much, Miles! Did you end up connecting with any of these organizations? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience of consistency, communication, number of folks needed, etc.

lillykam
Explorer

Hello Molly,

I work for the I.am Angel Foundation, which has implemented over 160 robotics teams across LAUSD this year. We are looking for virtual volunteers to support our teams this month and part of next month. I would love to connect if you are interested in receiving more information about our program!  

Molly
Path Finder

Hi there, I'd love to hear more about this. I don't seem to be able to direct message you -- could you please send me a direct message or reply here with detail about how best to discuss further? Thank you!

KatieB
Advocate
Governance & Grants Manager, Atlassian

Hi @Molly, you could get in touch with this team who may be able to help connect you to opportunities: https://techforgood.global/about-us  

Katie is Atlassian Foundation's Governance and Grants Manager, posting from Gadigal Land.

Molly
Path Finder

Thank you, Katie! I will check this out. I appreciate the suggestion!

TimP1
Pledge 1% Alumni
Vice President, Pledge 1%

Hi Molly! Great post - thank you for reaching out to the community on this front. YearUp, CityYear, MENTOR would be good organizations to reach out to as they have regular, already-baked opportunities for employees. Let me know if you want to jump on a call too!

Molly
Path Finder

Thanks, Tim! I'd love to jump on a call to discuss further. Feel free to message me directly to schedule a time. 

Rebecca
Path Finder
Social Impact Program Manager, DroneDeploy

Another great program is called https://www.yearup.org/ they help bring people from less-resourced communities to start their careers in tech (IT, HR etc.) you can mentor someone and host at your organization

AhmedElSaharty
Explorer
Cloud11

Would it be online or in real life/in person?

Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.