cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our first impact page - would love your feedback!

ShannonPoulton
Path Finder
Good Thnx

Hi Pledgers 

I'm one of the founders of Good Thnx, an Australian technology company that's on a mission to build the world's best recognition and gifting tool. Have just redone our company site and for the first time we now have a standalone Impact page, as we move from startup to scaleup.

We've put Impact in the top nav right next to Products, which we hope will convey how important it is to us as well as showcasing the work we're doing with customers - including some other Pledge members - in this space. On that page we also have a standalone tile outlining our pledge, would love your overall thoughts / feedback. 

Company site: thnx.me 

Impact page: thnx.me/impact 

Thnx, Shannon

Impact.png

Home: note Impact in top navigation 

Pledge.png

Pledge 1% tile on Impact page

5 REPLIES 5

MangalaMartinus
Advocate
Managing Director, Payments Consulting Network

Hi @ShannonPoulton 

It's a great Impact page - colourful, engaging, and easy to follow impacts. Looks like a great service too.

One suggestion, possibly below your Pledge 1% tile, is to have a quote from one of your employees or clients about what your Pledge 1% commitment and overall impact means for them.

Regards

Mangala

Thnx @MangalaMartinus, that's a great suggestion!

DarcyLee-SixFeetUp
Path Finder
VP of Strategic Growth & Partnerships, Six Feet Up

Hey, Shannon!

I love the Impact page and the entire site (oh, and what you do).  Nice work. I'll give some feedback, all in the good spirit of helping. 🙂

1. The Pledge 1% section copy feels a little disjointed from the rest of the site - it doesn't flow as well (e.g., sometimes you use contractions and sometimes you don't and in some places it feels a little clunky).
  2. The copy under the Pledge 1% headline may be better served if you say are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Community and use their boilerplate language for context as the 2nd sentence (Pledge 1% is a global movement that encourages and empowers companies of all sizes and stages to donate 1% of their staff time, product, profit, and/or equity to ANY charity of their choosing.).  Then, below the quote, maybe you put the statement "Pledge 1% is an easy way..." with a link to the site (instead of linking it in the copy at the top).
  3. Consider adding "Good Thnx 1% Pledges" sub-header above the boxes.
  4. Under Staff Time, it says, "to contribute to charity projects, free to charge." - what does the free to charge mean?
  5. The quote is weird for me. 🙂 Having the quote is not weird (I agree it is a good idea) but how it's written is weird - i.e., I'm not sure I totally understand what it's meant to say. Also, don't widow "Pledge 1%" - it makes it harder to read. 

Hope this feedback is helpful! 🙂

Darcy Lee
VP of Strategic Growth & Partnerships
Six Feet Up - Python & Cloud Expert Consulting

TimP1
Pledge 1% Alumni
Vice President, Pledge 1%

Looks like a great start! Over time, I would think about adding images of your team members and nonprofit partners to give faces to the impact. Great work! 

InesGarcia
Helping Hand
Agile Coach, Consultant, Author, Get Agile

I'd probably focus on the impact, if its an impact report gear towards the 'input' results instead.

Ines Garcia
Author amazon.com/author/inesgarcia
Agile Coach CSP-SM | Salesforce MVP | Inventor | Author
Announcements

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook

The Climate Action and Green Recovery Playbook will serve as a roadmap for all Pledge 1% companies to get involved in combating climate change through leveraging our unique resources, employee activations and engagement, and internal and external policies that consider all stakeholders, including the planet.

Playbooks are a Pledge 1% Member resource. Not a Member yet? Take the Pledge today for full access to the Pledge 1% tools & resources.