cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

163034891_2826714074262495_680204867967708843_n.png

This story was submitted by Burnout Coach.

I invited Andrew Lustig, founder of Global Outreach Doctors on to my podcast in Nov '22. I was so inspired by his story of how he (a non-doctor) left his NYC media job to found G.O.D., that I sent him a donation for his team in Ukraine at that time.

His motivation was waking up one morning, 20 years into his media career, and asking himself, "What am I doing to help humanity?"

I often ask the same question, and for much of my life I had no satisfactory answer. Neither did Andrew, at that time, but he took courageous action to re-align himself and just kept going, regardless of the danger and horror. Andrew sent me an email in Sep '23 to let me know that his new country manager, recruited to head the team in Ukraine, was killed by a missile weeks into his new role, leaving behind his wife.

Both Andrew and his team have led such courageous missions into the war zones of the world, while I sit behind a desk.

Andrew's still my favorite podcast guest. I'm a solopreneur, but the reason I work with men in burnout is that they suffer so much (often all their careers) for no really good reason. They don't know how to escape, but actually, it's quite simple to get out of burnout. I teach them. They go on to support and mentor huge numbers of people in their organizations, families, and network, and I've found that they, like Andrew, tend to be altruistic bighearted givers. It's a small sum, from a tiny org to another small org, but I love to support people out there doing great things when I can.

🎙Listen to the episode: https://www.burnouttoleadership.com/1849743/11650138-special-010-andrew-lustig-nd-humanitarian-aid-i...