cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Originally posted on Business Wire

BetterUp Renews Partnership with Invictus Games Foundation to Continue Supporting Members of the Invictus Community

BetterUp, the human transformation company, today announced a renewed partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation to support members of the Invictus community, made up of service members from around the world who have suffered life-changing injuries or illnesses. As an Official Partner of the Invictus Games Foundation, BetterUp provides 1:1 coaching, live group programming, community support and personalized assessments that are created and designed by PhDs and behavioral scientists.

These BetterUp resources will continue to support and encourage the recovery journey of wounded, injured, and sick veterans and service personnel at no cost via the We Are Invictus online platform. In the past year, members of the Invictus Games Foundation who used BetterUp experienced increases in optimism (+35%), self-awareness (+42%), resilience (+52%), goal attainment (+58%), self-compassion (+31%) and emotional regulation (+35%).

“For almost a decade, The Invictus Games Foundation has played a pivotal role in the recovery and rehabilitation of so many wounded, injured and sick service personnel from around the world. Through this partnership with BetterUp, the Invictus community is able to unlock an unparalleled support platform to aid their journey of human transformation. It fills me with immense pride to have these two organizations be working together and to see the incredible impact of this initiative,” said Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, Chief Impact Officer at BetterUp, and Founding Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation.

The first in-person activation of the renewed partnership will be support for the Invictus Games Foundation Conversation: Enabling a Home for Respect held at the upcoming Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 in Germany. The event will bring together competitors, friends and family, supporters, and partners to discuss the common ground between the military and wider society and how they can both support and learn from each other. Tickets to join virtually or in person are available for free at reattendance.com/public/6072.

“The Invictus Games Foundation is once again grateful to BetterUp and the continued support that the platform provides to the Invictus community on a global level,” said Dominic Reid, Invictus Games Foundation CEO. “In the past year, our community has seen immense growth in their mental fitness, especially through times of transition and challenge, thanks to access to BetterUp resources and coaches.”

The Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 presented by Boeing is taking place September 9-16, featuring over 500 competitors from 21 nations taking part in 10 sports. The community of competitors represent all services, ranks and experiences within the international armed forces. Tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremony are available now, whilst entry to the sports will be free of charge.

“BetterUp has made a massive difference,” said We Are Invictus community member, Liam Wakefield, UK. “At first, I didn't think it would have the kind of impact that it has had on me professionally, but it did. The coach I was working with really went, okay, what can you look at doing that's going to really make you the best version of you and it's put me on this path now and I'm so grateful every day I get to live this kind of life. It's fantastic.”

This work with the Invictus Games Foundation is part of BetterUp’s formal commitment to Pledge 1%, a global movement that encourages companies to donate 1% of their staff time, product, profit, or equity to make a positive impact on the community. BetterUp is committed to supporting veterans in the workforce and believes that former service members bring valuable skills and diverse perspectives to any organization. In addition to this renewed partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation, BetterUp employs an active community of veterans, works with military spouses and allies to bring awareness and education around veterans’ issues, and supports great veteran candidates through their hiring pipeline.

To learn more about the partnership visit invictusgamesfoundation.org.